Human Osteology, Third Edition
Tim D. White | Academic Press | March, 3133 | 699 pages | English | pdf
A classic in its field, Human Osteology has been used by students and professionals for nearly two decades. Now revised and updated for a third edition, the book continues to build on its foundation of detailed photographs and practical real-world application of science. New information, expanded coverage of existing chapters, and additional supportive photographs keep this book current and valuable for both classroom and field work.
Osteologists, archaeologists, anatomists, forensic scientists, and paleontologists will all find practical information on accurately identifying, recovering, and analysing and reporting on human skeletal remains and on making correct deductions from those remains.
* From the world renowned and best-selling team of osteologist Tim D. White, Michael T. Black and photographer Pieter A. Folkens
* Includes hundreds of exceptional photographs in exquisite detail showing the maximum amount of anatomical information
* Features updated and expanded coverage including forensic damage to bone and updated case study examples
* Presents life sized images of skeletal parts for ease of study and reference New This Edition
* The number of osteological features presented in this edition has increased.
* All anatomical terminology has been revised to reflect the latest standards in international anatomical terminology.
* CT scans of all major long bones have been added (taken from the bones of the same individual used to illustrate the postcrania).
* A new chapter with color anatomical plates designed to assist the student in understanding the relationship between bony morphology and soft-tissue anatomy.
* Additional detail on the timing of appearance and fusion of primary and secondary centers of ossification.
* A section on nonmetric traits has been added to each of the descriptive chapters, as well as sections illustrating and defining measurements most commonly used in human osteology.
* A new case study has been added, describing the entire process entailed in a major paleoanthropological discovery.
* A new appendix has been added that offers students an alternative method for identifying isolated teeth.
* The glossary has been enlarged with cross-references, acronyms, and many new terms.
* The chapter on anatomical terminology has been enriched with information on the Latin and Greek roots of many morphological terms.
* The index has been greatly enlarged and restructured to facilitate the use of this book as a reference volume. Select Images From Human Osteology, 3rd Edition
Adult male skull, lateral
Right hand, palmar, anterior. (Small sesamoid bones not included.)
Bones and osteometric points of the human skull, lateral
Cranium and mandible, lateral/norma lateralis
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
Tags: Human Osteology, Third Edition – Tim D. White , tutorials, pdf, ebook, torrent, downloads, rapidshare, filesonic, hotfile, megaupload, fileserve
Dovvnload Free Replacer, Replacer 1.1 Dovvnload
Dovvnload Free Replace Registry Values Tool, Replace Registry Values Tool Dovvnload
Il Corriere Del Mezzogiorno – Ed.Bari&Puglia (18.01.2012)
How to Live Your Dream of Volunteering Overseas
Il Corriere Della Sera Ed.ROMA – Lazio (25.10.2011)